Join our Tubman team
Part-Time Youth & Family Advocate, Safe Journeys Program
Tubman is seeking two Part Time Youth & Family Advocates to join a dynamic and collaborative team to support the agency’s mission, vision and values. This position will be based at our Maplewood Shelter in our Safe Journeys program.
2nd Shift – Weekly schedule is Saturdays 3-11:30pm, and is subject to change based on resident needs.
Provides supportive care to youth and families living in our shelter. Promotes youth and family healing through creation of a safe, positive environment. Promotes trusting relationships with clients, with adherence to professional boundaries.
This position performs supply inventory, house and office support tasks, data entry and direct advocacy services to adults, youth and children living in our shelter.
Core responsibilities include: house and office tasks and projects, emotional support, connecting clients to resources, crisis phone services and data entry.
• Undergraduate degree in related field or equivalent years of experience
• Two years direct service experience related to violence, including sexual assault and exploitation
• Ability to engage diverse youth, parents, and families in activities that promote healthy relationships and goal attainment
• Ability to foster a culturally inclusive environment
• Direct experience working with domestic violence victims and families
• Understanding of teamwork and the ability to apply teamwork with the agency
• Experience in implementing interventions to support complex trauma
• Experience in effectively managing crisis situations and acting out behaviors in a strength-based manner
• Restorative justice experience
• Strong de-escalation skills
• Graduate work in related field and ability to speak more than one language
• A strong understanding of youth development
• Is dedicated to Tubman’s mission and demonstrates strong values-alignment with Tubman’s core values and philosophies
• Demonstrates the belief that all people have the ability to change, be innovative, and that young people are an asset to our communities
• Ensures clients are empowered to make their own choices and understands the role of the advocate is to facilitate those choices
• Fosters individual development of healthy boundaries and leadership
Here’s your opportunity to strengthen our shelter clients wellness goals during your shifts. Be a bridge between our clients and our team by offering additional support to client and process goal progress week to week. Celebrate all of our clients’ small and large accomplishments and help problem solve and encourage them as they break down barriers to their goals.
This position requires the ability to create a welcoming and healing environment for crisis line callers, walk-in clients and shelter clients.
Provide exceptional wrap around services to young people ages 13-24 and their children of all genders. Foster positive and effective methods to strengthen teamwork and services to clients. Contribute to positive and exceptional teamwork outcomes. Facilitate healing and individual activities; opportunities include art room, computer lab just to name a few. Assist and welcome our onsite partners who come onsite to provide healing and fun activities on the weekends.
Welcome and engage volunteers, interns and volunteer groups.
Enter data and strengthen communication with team. Be able to problem solve situations and communicate outcomes you accomplished during your shifts with our team.
Salary is dependent upon experience and qualifications.
Preference will be given to resumes received by June 1, 2018.
To apply: Send resumes and cover letter by to: email@example.com. Or Tubman Center East, Attn: HR Dept. 1725 Monastery Way, Maplewood, MN 55109
We encourage applications from people of color, multilingual speakers, people of all genders, veterans and people with disabilities. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.