Join our Tubman team
Part-Time Youth & Family Advocate
Tubman is seeking a Part Time Youth & Family Advocate to join a dynamic and collaborative team to support the agency’s mission, vision and values. Position will be based at our Minneapolis Shelter. Weekly schedule is Saturday & Sunday 9am-5:30pm, and is subject to change based on resident needs.
This position requires the ability to create a welcoming and healing environment for crisis line callers, walk-in clients and shelter residents. Provide exceptional wrap around services to all ages and genders. Assist and welcome our partners who come onsite to provide healing and fun activities on the weekends.
Welcome and engage volunteers, interns and volunteer groups. Foster positive and effective methods to strengthen teamwork and services to clients. Contribute to positive and exceptional teamwork outcomes. Be able to problem solve situations and communicate outcomes you accomplished during your shifts with other team members.
• Undergraduate degree in related field or equivalent experience.
• Two years direct service experience related to violence, including sexual assault and exploitation
• Ability to engage diverse youth, parents and families in activities that promote healthy relationships and goal attainment
• Ability to foster a culturally inclusive environment
• Direct experience working with domestic violence victims and families.
• Understanding of teamwork and the ability to apply teamwork with the agency.
• Experience in implementing interventions to support complex trauma.
• Experience in dealing with crisis situations and violent behaviors.
• Strong de-escalation skills
• Graduate work in related field and ability to speak more than one language.
Salary is dependent upon experience and qualifications.
To apply: Send resumes and cover letter to: email@example.com. Or Tubman Center East, Attn: HR Dept. 1725 Monastery Way, Maplewood, MN 55109 EEO/AA
We encourage applications from people of color, multilingual speakers, men, women, veterans and people with disabilities. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.