Join our Tubman team
Part-Time Overnight Advocate (Maplewood)
Tubman is seeking two Part Time Overnight Advocates to serve in our Harriet Tubman Shelter in Maplewood, one in our Safe Journeys program, and one in our Harriet Tubman Shelter Maplewood. Weekly schedule is Saturdays 11pm-7:30am and are subject to change.
Provides supportive care to youth and families living in our shelter. Promotes youth and family healing through creation of a safe, positive environment. Promotes trusting relationships with clients, with adherence to professional boundaries. This position performs supply inventory, house and office support tasks, data entry and direct advocacy services to adults, youth and children living in our shelter. Core responsibilities include: house and office tasks and projects, emotional support, connecting residents to resources, crisis phone services and data entry.
• Undergraduate degree in related field or equivalent experience
• Two years direct service experience related to violence, including sexual assault and exploitation
• Ability to engage diverse youth, parents, and families in activities that promote healthy relationships and goal attainment
• Ability to foster a culturally inclusive environment
• Direct experience working with domestic violence victims and families.
• Understanding of teamwork and the ability to apply teamwork with the agency.
• Experience in implementing interventions to support complex trauma.
• Experience in dealing with crisis situations and violent behaviors.
• Graduate work in related field and ability to speak more than one language.
Salary is dependent upon experience and qualifications.
To apply: Send resumes and cover letter by to: email@example.com. Or Tubman Center East, Attn: HR Dept. 1725 Monastery Way, Maplewood, MN 55109
Preference will be given to resumes received by May 11, 2018
We encourage applications from people of color, multilingual speakers, people of all genders, veterans and people with disabilities. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.