Join our Tubman team
Part-Time Adult & Family Advocate (Minneapolis)
Tubman is seeking two part-time Adult and Family Advocates to join a dynamic and collaborative team in our Minneapolis shelter location.
1st Shift – Weekly schedule is Saturdays and Sundays 7am-3:30pm, and is subject to change based on resident needs.
2nd Shift – Weekly schedule is Saturdays and Sundays 3-11:30pm, and is subject to change based on resident needs.
Provide supportive advocacy to adults and families in our shelter. Promote adult and family healing through creation of a safe, welcoming and positive environment. Promote trusting relationship with residents, with adherence to professional boundaries. Provide coordinated case management support to residents between Tubman resources and community partners and service providers
This position provides direct advocacy services to residents living in our shelter. Core responsibilities include: safety and goal planning, emotional support, crisis phone services, connecting resident to resources, support group and activities facilitation. Supports data collection and required reporting to funders.
• Undergraduate degree in related field or equivalent experience.
• Experience and knowledge with crisis phone services.
• Two years direct service experience related to violence, including sexual assault and exploitation.
• Ability to engage victims and their children in activities that encourage peaceful relationships and support goal attainment.
• Ability to foster a culturally inclusive environment.
• Demonstrated ability to work independently and as part of a team.
• Experience working with social and community services in collaborative efforts.
• Experience in implementing interventions to support complex trauma.
• Experience in dealing with crisis situations and violent behaviors.
• Ability to speak more than one language.
Salary is dependent upon experience and qualifications.
To Apply: Send resume and cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Or: Tubman Human Resources, 1725 Monastery Way, Maplewood, MN 55109
We encourage applications from people of color, multilingual speakers, people of all genders, veterans and people with disabilities. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.