Join our Tubman team
Overnight On-Call Advocate
Tubman is seeking Overnight On Call Advocates to serve in our Harriet Tubman Shelters in Minneapolis, Maplewood and Safe Journeys Youth shelter locations. Weekly schedule in all shelters vary.
Provides supportive care to youth and families living in our shelter. Promotes youth and family healing through creation of a safe, positive environment. Promotes trusting relationships with clients, with adherence to professional boundaries. This position performs supply inventory, house and office support tasks, data entry and direct advocacy services to adults, youth and children living in our shelter. Core responsibilities include: house and office tasks and projects, emotional support, connecting residents to resources, crisis phone services and data entry.
• Undergraduate degree in related field or equivalent experience
• Two years direct service experience related to violence, including sexual assault and exploitation
• Ability to engage diverse youth, parents and families in activities that promote healthy relationships and goal attainment
• Ability to foster a culturally inclusive environment
• Direct experience working with domestic violence victims and families.
• Understanding of teamwork and the ability to apply teamwork with the agency.
• Experience in implementing interventions to support complex trauma.
• Experience in dealing with crisis situations and violent behaviors.
• Strong de-escalation skills
• Graduate work in related field and ability to speak more than one language.
Salary is dependent upon experience and qualifications.
TO APPLY: Send resumes and cover letter to: email@example.com or Tubman Center East, Attn: HR Dept. 1725 Monastery Way, Maplewood, MN 55109. We encourage applications from people of color, multilingual speakers, people of all genders, veterans and people with disabilities. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.