Join our Tubman team
Tubman is seeking On Call Advocates to serve in our Harriet Tubman Shelters in Minneapolis, Maplewood and Safe Journeys Youth shelter locations. Weekly schedule in all shelters vary.
Minneapolis include Weekdays 2nd shift, Weekends 1st and 2nd shift
Maplewood & Safe Journeys include Weekdays and Weekends 1st , Mid & 2nd shift
• Promote safety of youth and families through administration of crisis support services, security maintenance, early intervention and prevention.
• Provide on-going individualized, intensive, and supportive care to youth and families through meetings and groups. Participate in networking with other providers.
• Promote youth and family healing through creation of positive environment, provision of comprehensive activities to support goals, and respite childcare.
• Promote trusting relationships with clients, with adherence to professional boundaries.
• Maintain relevant and integrated support plans for youth and families.
• Undergraduate degree in related field or equivalent experience
• Two years direct service experience related to violence, including sexual assault and exploitation
• Ability to engage diverse youth, parents and families in activities that promote healthy relationships and goal attainment
• Ability to foster a culturally inclusive environment
• Direct experience working with domestic violence victims and families.
• Understanding of teamwork and the ability to apply teamwork with the agency.
• Experience in implementing interventions to support complex trauma.
• Experience in dealing with crisis situations and violent behaviors.
• Graduate work in related field and ability to speak more than one language.
Salary is dependent upon experience and qualifications.
TO APPLY: Send resumes and cover letter to: email@example.com or Tubman Center East, Attn: HR Dept. 1725 Monastery Way, Maplewood, MN 55109. We encourage applications from people of color, multilingual speakers, people of all genders, veterans and people with disabilities. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.