Join our Tubman team
Legal Services Coordinator
Tubman is seeking a part-time legal services coordinator (.5 FTE or 20 hours a week, flexible) to provide administrative, litigation support, and program support for attorneys, Self-Represented Legal Clinics, Pro Bono Family Law cases and Family Law Clinics.
Responsibilities include assisting staff attorneys with drafting and filing legal documents; assisting with trial preparation; creating and updating forms, policies and procedures; updating and maintaining the legal database; assisting in training, recruitment and supervision of volunteers; scheduling of law clinics and contributing to the legal services program outcomes and the mission of the agency.
Salary is dependent upon experience and qualifications, and is accompanied by a benefits package. This position is based at our Chrysalis location in South Minneapolis.
· The ability and desire to relate to Tubman’s clients. Strong organization, communication, and computer skills.
· Able to multi-task and prioritize projects and work under strict deadlines. Attention to detail.
· Advanced proofreading, formatting, and editing skills. Ability to organize and maintain large volumes of electronic and paper files.
One year of experience in law office or human services degree or related field
· Experience with dynamics of domestic violence, sexual assault and stalking
· Paralegal certificate or related experience
· Experience working with grant compliance
· Experience working in collaboration with various social and community services
· Understand the dynamics behind effective teamwork and the ability to apply those principals at all levels of interaction within the agency.
· Ability to communicate orally and in writing in more than one language
To apply: Send resumes and cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org. or Tubman Center East, Attn: HR Dept. 1725 Monastery Way, Maplewood, MN 55109.
We encourage applications from people of color, multilingual speakers, people of all genders, veterans and people with disabilities. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.