Join our Tubman team
Tubman is seeking one full-time legal advocate and one part-time (60% or three days a week) legal advocate to provide criminal court advocacy services in Ramsey and Washington Counties. The full-time position will work exclusively in Washington County and the other will work between Ramsey and Washington counties.
Responsibilities include ensuring that victims of domestic abuse receive advocacy and support at criminal court hearings, communicate with victims about the court cases, enter data into internal database in a timely fashion, provide resources and information to people who call in, and contribute to legal services program outcomes and the mission of the agency.
These are non-attorney positions. Licensed attorneys and social workers will not be considered.
- Experience with providing service to people seeking help related to domestic violence and legal services.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- A valid driver's license and reliable transportation.
- Personal and or professional experience with people from diverse backgrounds, including but not limited to age, country of origin, religion, race, education, gender, sexual orientation, and physical and mental abilities.
- Fluency in English and a second language commonly spoken in Ramsey and Washington Counties.
- Ability to collaborate with colleagues, external partners, and community services.
- Experience in dealing with crisis situations and violent behaviors.
Salary is dependent upon experience and qualifications and is accompanied by a quality benefits package and opportunities for professional growth.
To apply: Send resumes and cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Or:
Tubman Center East, Attn: HR Dept. 1725 Monastery Way, Maplewood, MN 55109
The positions will be opened until filled. Preference will be given to resumes received by September, 19 2018.
We encourage applications from people of color, multilingual speakers, people of all genders, veterans and people with disabilities. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.