Join our Tubman team
Human Resource Manager
Tubman has an opening for a Human Resource Manager working out of our Maplewood and Minneapolis locations. This is a great opportunity to work with some of the most talented people in the industry and to work collaboratively with the senior leadership team. Duties are as follows:
• Create, implement, and manage the development of human resource strategies, plans, and programs from the perspectives of organizational capability, recruitment, employee experience and engagement, training, performance, leadership, and policy development.
• Serve as a culture champion and work with agency leadership to ensure Tubman is maintaining a workplace culture that allows employees to thrive and do their best work.
• Evaluate human resource and payroll information needs and recommend systems solutions that will leverage technology to achieve the most cost effective and efficient means to meet agency human resource information and payroll needs. Implement and manage all HRMS related technology and systems.
• Lead and engage in new employee recruitment focusing on expanding brand and opportunity awareness in specific communities to increase diversity of candidates and new hires.
• Plan and implement employee onboarding program. Partner with hiring supervisors to assist with program specific onboarding and conduct new hire orientation.
• Administer total compensation program to ensure equity within the organization.
• Partner with finance and accounting on employee compensation and benefits administration and compliance, payroll, and budgeting activities. Accountable for oversight of benefits compliance including Form 5500, FMLA, COBRA. Manage relationship with benefits providers and brokers. Serve as plan administrator of the 401k plan including managing the relationship with the plan provider, record-keeper, and Investment Committee.
• Assure agency human resource-related records, including personnel files and files required by law and/or local governing bodies, are maintained. Manage required human resource-specific government reporting.
• Lead annual performance review process and merit-based increase program.
• Act as a consultant to supervisors in handling employee performance issues, including decisions around performance improvement plans, disciplinary action, and review of any related documentation needed to support decisions.
• Provide evaluation and analysis of human resource activities, including developing metrics, monitoring expenses, and preparing written reports; recommend HR strategies based on results of analysis.
• Provide consulting and support to agency leaders to develop and implement strategic human resource-related agency-wide initiatives such as the Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion Plan, and the Culture of Wellness Project.
• In partnership with the Director of Communications, manage employee engagement measurement process, including analysis of employee engagement survey results and development of improvement action plans.
• Strong ability to collaborate, build, and maintain strong relationships with employees and internal and external partners across all functions and levels of the agency.
• 3+ years of experience in a management position doing HR Generalist work.
• Experience in all Human Resource areas (compensation, benefits, employee relations, organization design)
• Proven experience with both tactical and strategic tasks and projects.
• High emotional intelligence, ability to navigate ambiguity and adapt to changing circumstances.
• Demonstrated cultural competence.
• Strong project management, organizational, and analytical skill.
• Digital mindset with the ability to understand and implement the power of technology to make human resource processes more efficient and effective.
• Proven ability to build positive, productive relationships and a strong network of internal and external allies and resources.
• Working knowledge of developing and managing budgets.
• A BA/BS in human resources or related field
• Experience coaching and partnering with managers/employees.
• SPHR Certification
• Graduate degree in related field or equivalent years of experience
• Ability to speak more than one language
• Experience leading organizational change projects
Reports to: This position reports directly to the COO, with shared accountability to the CEO.
TO APPLY: Send resumes and cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org or Tubman Human Resources, 1725 Monastery Way, Maplewood, MN 55109
We encourage applications from people of color, multilingual speakers, people of all genders, veterans and people with disabilities. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.