Join our Tubman team
Director of Shelter Services
In light of a longtime program director’s pending retirement, Tubman is seeking a full-time Director of Shelter Services to join the leadership team and help take Tubman to the next level of staff engagement and organizational development, and to ensure the highest quality of trauma-informed shelter services to people of all ages, genders, and cultural backgrounds who have experienced relationship violence.
The Director of Shelter Services sets the tone and models advocacy and client service standards that embody the values of the organization, collaboratively sets the objectives for and assures quality execution of Tubman’s residential program activities, and ensures implementation of best and emerging practices.
This role includes performing a wide range of duties that include planning, organization, staffing, leading, training and full oversight of the program to ensure quality and caring delivery of services and that program outcomes and goals are fully met.
- Create, implement, and manage the development of shelter program strategies and plans from the perspectives of organizational capability, recruitment, employee experience and engagement, training, performance, leadership, and policy development.
- Serve as a culture champion and work with agency leadership to ensure Tubman is maintaining a workplace culture that allows employees to thrive and do their best work.
- Partner with Human Resource department to maintain, develop, and implement shelter employee policies and procedures related to program operations, employee recruitment, hiring, termination, performance management, professional development strategies, and training recommendations.
- Lead program managers in performance management of program staff including coaching and supervision, annual evaluations, professional development plans, progressive discipline, etc.
- Partner with finance department on program specific financial management, participate in the annual budgeting process, monitor revenue and expenses on a monthly basis and ensure performance is consistent with forecasted expectation. Recommend budget modifications for optimal expense/revenue management.
- Provide evaluation and analysis of residential program activities including developing metrics, monitoring trends and outcomes, and preparing written reports; recommend program strategies based on results of analysis.
- Maintain or exceed contractual level of service commitments and requirements needed to meet or exceed program goals and objectives.
- Identify, develop, and pursue opportunities to develop new or expand existing services to meet emerging trends that are in line with the agency’s strategic direction.
- Work with other agency Directors of Clinical, Legal, and Youth Programs to ensure integration and cross-agency coordination of community-based and residential services.
- Partner with Communications and Resource Development departments to reduce barriers and increase access for people we serve through community outreach activities, and maintain the shelter program’s capacity and resources through participation in fundraising efforts.
- Serve as an ambassador of service model and agency values in building strong collaborations with community partner agencies to establish new and enhance existing relationships, working toward a more coordinated community approach to addressing and preventing relationship violence.
- Strong ability to collaborate, build, and maintain strong relationships with employees and internal and external partners across all functions and levels of the agency.
- Versatility and experience with both tactical and strategic tasks and projects.
- High emotional intelligence, ability to navigate ambiguity and adapt to changing circumstances.
- Demonstrated cultural competence.
- Strong project management, organizational, and analytical skill.
- Proven ability to build positive, productive relationships and a strong network of internal and external allies and resources.
- Experience leading organizational change projects is a plus.
- A BA/BS in human services or related field and a minimum of 3 years of experience in program management is required; graduate degree in related field preferred.
- Graduate degree in related field or equivalent years of experience
- Ability to speak more than one language
- Experience leading organizational change projects
Leads: Two Shelter Program Managers, and joint supervision of two Shelter Youth Services Managers together with the Director of Youth and Family Services.
Reports to: The Director of Shelter Services reports directly to the CEO.
Salary is dependent upon experience and qualifications and is accompanied by a quality benefits package and opportunities for professional growth.
TO APPLY: Send your cover letter and resume to: email@example.com or Tubman Human Resources, 1725 Monastery Way, Maplewood, MN 55109
Preference will be given to resumes received by end of day Thursday, January 3, 2019.
We encourage applications from people of color, multilingual speakers, people of all genders, veterans and people with disabilities. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.