Join our Tubman team
Director of Legal Services
Tubman is seeking a full-time Director of Legal Services to join the collaborative team providing legal advice, attorney representation, and advocacy services to victims of domestic violence and sexual assault, as well as low income people needing help with family law issues such as divorce and child custody. The Director of Legal Services serves on the senior leadership team to assure the highest level of quality and access to Tubman’s full continuum of services; model the Vision, Mission, and Values; and achieve the organization’s strategic objectives.
This role requires exceptional interpersonal, coaching and partnership skills combined with creativity, administrative aptitude, and critical-thinking abilities. The position is based at Tubman East (Maplewood) with 1-2 days per week at Tubman’s Chrysalis Center (Minneapolis), and some travel to other locations. Work hours are primarily weekdays; occasional evenings and weekends required.
- Provide direct supervision and coaching to legal program managers, senior staff attorney, other program staff, volunteers and interns.
- Ensure that client service and financial goals, priorities and operating procedures are established and met to deliver strategic outcomes.
- Manage legal program grants and contracts through drafting and submitting timely, quality reports. Assist in the development of legal program grant proposals.
- Develop, implement, and monitor balanced program budgets.
- Design, analyze and prepare stakeholder evaluations to monitor quality and service delivery. Stakeholders include clients, judges, law enforcement, prosecutors, attorneys, and other community partners.
- Maintain and monitor required data entry and case management operations.
- Ensure program accessibility for clients seeking legal services and support.
- Develop and supports community and systems change partnerships to ensure that a wide range of resources are responsive and available to meet client needs.
- Knowledge of the civil and criminal process and civil relief processes relating to domestic abuse and family law issues.
- Team leadership and supervision experience and a commitment to building and maintaining a multidisciplinary team of professional excellence.
- Strong leadership qualities including an ability to build strong relationships with staff, clients, community partners, and criminal justice systems including law enforcement, court personnel, judges, and prosecutors.
- Belief in advocacy based on client-centered and client-directed decision making.
- Experience in budget planning and implementation.
- Basic knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite and data management systems.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- BA or BS in related field and experience in programs related to domestic violence prevention and intervention services or experience working within a legal services organization.
- Graduate degree in related field or equivalent years of experience.
- Experience leading collaborative projects.
- Ability to speak more than one language.
Leads: Staff that report directly to the Director of Legal Services include a Senior Staff Attorney, four Legal Program Managers, and part-time administrative support. Other staff in the division include: Staff Attorneys, Legal Coordinators, Legal Advocates, Volunteer Attorneys and Legal Interns.
Reports to: Chief Executive Officer
Salary is dependent upon experience and qualifications and is accompanied by a quality benefits package and opportunities for professional growth.
TO APPLY: Send resumes and cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org or Tubman Human Resources, 1725 Monastery Way, Maplewood, MN 55109.
Preference given to resumes received by end of day Monday, February 18, 2019.
We encourage applications from people of color, multilingual speakers, people of all genders, veterans and people with disabilities. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.